Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Mixamo Contest] - urban_elf - Lost Canadian (WIP)

null
So my idea is just an old fashioned arctic explorer, but here's a bit more backstory.

So a wealthy British man is looking to get a small test expedition set up, with the intent of exploring some of the more tame parts of the arctic before trying to go all the way to the north pole. The night before they set off, the leader of the expedition is in a tavern having a drink and boasting about his imminent trip, when a curious gentleman appears and asks if he can join them. He is revealed to be a Canadian man who lives in the wilderness, and he tells marvelous tales about the adventures he's been on. The team leader decides he's just the man he needs to help out with the expedition, and on short notice asks him to join, and he happily accepts.

Everything goes well during the expedition, until one day they stumble upon what looks like an old abandoned campsite which they assume was from another similar expedition. While the Canadian is helping search the campsite for supplies, he finds a small leather bound bundle and calls everyone over. Inside are a few pages with cryptic writing and drawings nobody there could interpret, and a small diary with what looked like nonsense written in. It was late, so they decided to retire for the night, but the Canadian asked if he leave a lamp on and look over what they found more, and everyone agreed.

In the morning during breakfast, people started to wonder where the Canadian was, and after finding footprints leading into the wilderness they assume the worse. The only evidence today of the mysterious Canadian, are a few notes in and old expedition diary.

So here is a quick model I've done to get myself started. If you have any advice I'd love to hear it :)

Canadian1.jpg

And here is a quick sculpt to start off with too.

Canadian2.jpg

EDIT: Had trouble with images but it's ok now

Replies

• Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Welcome and good luck to you! Your images aren't showing right now. Could you check the links?
  • urban_elf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    urban_elf null
    Gah, I thought I'd fixed it, thanks!

The images are uploaded to my website now and linked, so I'm pretty sure should be ok now. Thanks again :)
  • Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    All good now! Nice!
  • urban_elf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    urban_elf null
    So so far I've only managed to do a little bit more, which as you can see is just adding a few accessories and tweaking it a bit. But I've got all day today to work on it.

Just a bit of info here, this is only my second character I've done, and it's definitely lacking something. I'm not really sure what to do, but I think by the time I'm done I will have figured something out that is interesting. I'm not in it to win, but it's great practice.

Canadian3.jpg
  • Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey there! Just a quick reminder that the deadline for your submission has been extended: you have until tonight (Monday July 8, 11:59:59 pm PST) to email us your entry.

If you have any issue with the Auto-Rigging or Animating, our awesome support team is here to help out so feel free to email support@mixamo.com and use the word "contest" in the subject of your email so that we get back to you before the end of the day.

Very cool updates so far and looks like you're almost done... I hope you submit!
    Good luck!