Home Artists Looking For Work

Looking for 3d modeller to a rts game

Hello. First, about me. I am a single indie developer, working from my bedroom.
I have released several small games on the past, mainly for mobile, and I now I want to try my luck with desktop.

The game is an rts, mainly inspired by Age of Empires II and Warcraft III.
As a programmer, I am extremely productive (mainly due to using my own framework/engine, that I know the insides in and out), and I'm looking for an artist that is also very productive, that would ideally be dedicated to this project 100%. The deadline I choose for this game is 3 to 4 months starting from now.

The artists task would be to create units, buildings and scenery for the game. The 3d models for this game should be low poly. Most units will have just 3 animations, walk cycle, attack, and death. I am not looking for realistic 3d models, but something stylized/cartoony. The whole look of the game will be in your hands, so I expect you to be creative enough with the units look, buildings design etc. For each civilization I have some guidelines that I want to follow in terms of themes, etc, but you will have lots of liberty.

About payment, sadly I really don't have much money for this. The full game would consist of 6 different civilizations, however, for the time being, the target is just 2, because budget won't allow more. More will be added later if the game is sucessful. The idea is to have the game released on Steam, but of course, this is a difficult target, other possibilites can be explored, even releasing the game for mobile.

So there are two main options:
- Profit share, you would work for free and we would divide the profit after the game is released, 50% for each. More risky for you, but with the potential to yield much more money.
- I "contract" you for 3 or 4 months, paying you a set ammount of money each month.
I'm open to other options too, but those two are the ones I prefer most given my small budget.

Lastly, I would like you to also be part of the game design. So if you have experience with RTS games, it would be great. I have an overall vision of what I want to do with the game, but certain concepts like units and mechanics are still open. This is why I would mainly prefer the profit share option, because I would like us to work as a team, creating the game together and not just having you working for me.

So, if you've read everything and interested in this project, contact me, by sending me a PM here, preferably with links to your portfolio, and tell me what model of payment you prefer.

If you have questions, just post on the thread, so that everyone can see the answers :)

Replies

• Shadow_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shadow_ polycounter lvl 3
    So I will be getting paid a set amount each month?
    I have been a 3D modeller for almost three years.
    I am interested in working and I would like to know more about the games you have done.
  • Ende
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shadow_ wrote: »
    So I will be getting paid a set amount each month?
    I have been a 3D modeller for almost three years.
    I am interested in working and I would like to know more about the games you have done.
    I've sent you a pm with links for my games.
    And yes, if that's the option you prefer, you would be paid a set amount each month
  • palm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    palm polycounter lvl 18
    How many fully rigged and animated characters do you need?
    How many buildings, generic objects and maps etc are we talking about?
    I assume you want hud's, main menus, ingame menus, fonts, ingame icons, scoreboards and whatnot?

What's the targetress? Warcraft?

What games have you made so far?

Is pay per asset or short term goals an option?