Home General Discussion

300 : Rise of an Empire

mod
HELL YES!!!!! It's about time! :D:D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zqy21Z29ps"]300: Rise of an Empire - Official Trailer 1 [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

Replies

• D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    I always look forward to entertaining movies I hope this one delivers :).
    can't wait to find out thanks for sharing.
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks like 93,82% and a bit takes place before greenscreen.
    Seems cool, now we just have to wait. I hate year from now announcements. :(
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    The first film was mediocre, pointless CG wankery. I absolutely don't get the obsession with it.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    ambershee wrote: »
    The first film was mediocre, pointless CG wankery. I absolutely don't get the obsession with it.

i honestly can't think of a film from the last 5 years that isn't.
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    It is liked by many because it was simple in what it wanted to do, vs. some of the more CGI-fest movies which tried too many things in a single moment. Spartans are angsty, they have sex, they fight, they die, hoorah, the end.

It also helps that many people like Frank Miller, and miss the overt 'patriot' arguments his comics are filled with, so that is another point.

Lastly, it came out during a time that many comic/hero/90's IP's were being given the movie treatment, so even if by todays standard, it's largely meh, it's still something to be happy about, as this stuff was finally getting some budget as opposed to it being an Xena like TV series.

Then again, we have movies like Battleship, so honestly, it wasn't that bad. At least it had cinematography.
  • MrOneTwo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrOneTwo polycounter lvl 12

Obsession ? What obsession ? I liked the first movie but I really don't think people are obssessed with it. It's not like people are still talking 'do you remember 300 ? that was an awesome movie!'.

Will probably see this one and have a blast : D
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    I'm not one to hate usually...

but that looks dumb.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Well, you can't polish a turd... what a load of over-patriotic tosh!

2:15 - 2:16 is going to be turned into a meme anytime now, just wait :D
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
  • Bobby J Rice 3rd
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    I loved 300 and I think this looks great. Love the style of the film.
  • Meteora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Meteora polycounter lvl 8
    MrOneTwo wrote: »
    Obsession ? What obsession ? I liked the first movie but I really don't think people are obssessed with it. It's not like people are still talking 'do you remember 300 ? that was an awesome movie!'.

Will probably see this one and have a blast : D

This is the only thing worth remembering from the film.
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Wow. Lotta hate going on here. Which suprises me as this is an Art forum and I consider 300 to be one of the most stunning movies I've seen in a long time. Nearly every single sot looks like a work of art imo. Yes it's CG but its the good kind of CG, CG with a cool art direction. It was fresh and has a great look, as does Sin city. This new one looks pretty good as well. Maybe not as good but not many sequels are.

Anyhoo... I look forward to it.

EDIT: oh, and I love the 300 soundtrack
  • The Mad Artist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Mad Artist polycounter lvl 13
    I loved the first one, visually it was incredibly stunning and had it's own unique mood and feel to it.

Not too sure about this one, mainly because the release date is a huge red flag. Movies that come out following the holiday season but well before the summer are typically put there by studios that don't have a lot of faith in them.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    I don't have any problem with the CG nature of it - it is very beautiful, for the most part. For some reason the trailer seemed to be presented with a narrative focus instead of a visual one, and was not turned on by the story they were trying to tell (which tbh wasn't very sticky).

There are some amazing shots in that trailer, it will undoubtedly be a gorgeous movie. Dat Persian palace... with the black stone, giant sweet jaguar sculptures... awesome looking! There is a part of me that doesn't like the visuals/post that has been applied - it has that super-bloom look that games did a few years back, where bloom was the "thing" to do.

The horse shot is pretty awesome.

I got nuthin. I'll watch it! Made it mostly through Sucker Punch :)
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    Ooohh, looks like a good flick to see :)
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    Some of you guys are being very negative, just don't watch the film.

I'm gonna watch this one :), gogo spartans!.