Home Artists Looking For Work

3D Generalist / Coder Lookin' for some action

xenoargh
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
xenoargh polycounter lvl 7
Can model, skin, unwrap, paint, create normalmaps and fancy materials, rig, animate. I'm pretty happy with all major styles from toony to realistic, sci-fi, fantasy, etc. Am familiar with Unity content workflow.

You can see a sampling of some of my work here, in real-time 3D.

I'm a 3D generalist; I've done just about everything at some point. However, if there's anything I specialize in, it's final mastering of assets.

For example, I will be happy to work with meshes you've already got built but can't skin or want reworked, meshes you have skinned but can't normalmap, meshes you've bought online but haven't figured out how to rig, rigged stuff that needs the rig refined, polycount reduction and asset optimization, etc., etc.

Some of the pieces I put up on P3D reflect that special work I like best of all; they are meshes that I may not have built version 1.0 of (please note the other artists' names, I am not here to steal their thunder, just demonstrating how I can do this), but all of them were skinned and worked to final polish by me and many of them were optimized by me from fairly rough assets, reducing tricount, cleaning up issues and getting them tight.

So if you have, say, a pile of cool low-poly spaceship models for your space game but you're stuck on the Rest Of It... or you bought some Fantasy Armor but you want it with green trim, not black, I can take care of you.
  • Will do anything from low-low-low poly to a modern FPS character.
  • Will work with all budgets and I'll save you money wherever possible. Just be aware that time on the clock is time on the clock.
  • I am a native English speaker and I have excellent communications skills. You will see work done every day and I take feedback well. I prefer to work with people who can communicate clearly what they want changed, if they want changes made.
  • I prefer to work from concepts if possible, since that tends to keep communications snafus to a minimum, but I will work with you even if all you have is a programmer-art sketch on a napkin.
  • I'll work to specific specs if you need it for fancy stuff like instancing.
  • I am familiar with SVN, etc., although I prefer to post the files to a secure URL / email so that the client can retrieve when it's convenient.
  • I will not take on a job if I don't think I can hack it or tell you that it'll be done by X and then deliver a month later.
  • I am fluent in the use of texture atlas techniques and low-poly work for mobile devices.
  • I am a U.S. citizen and can do binding and enforceable NDAs and contracts and all that.
  • I accept PayPal and prefer that for most things. For big gigs I'll take checks, but that takes longer before work can start.
  • Can do 2D work, logos and that kind of thing, but it's not my specialty.
  • I am willing to consider a long-term gig, with the right firm.
  • Can't do revenue-sharing or other speculative stuff at this time. Sorry.

I've also worn other hats- game design and development, shader stuff; heck, I've even done foley

If you're interested in talking to me, shoot me a PM and we'll get together on Skype or talk on the phone.