Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Working through the summer, can someone give me some feedback?

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
DekuHD polycounter lvl 6
Hey guys, i'm going to be doing mostly sculpting throughout the summer so i don't get bored while i wait to go off to university in September. I'm already practicing but i hope by the end of the summer i can create something that will 'wow' people.

I'd GREATLY appreciate if someone could take the time out of there day to critique my work throughout the summer so i can improve and use my 3D powers to get women at Uni ;D

If anyone can spare the time, i would be incredibly grateful.

Thanks in Advance!

Here's my DA: http://dekubackpack.deviantart.com/

Replies

• DireWolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I suggest do some real animals or humans with realistic proportions and anatomy for a change. It's something your pieces are really lacking.
  • RailbladerX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RailbladerX polycounter lvl 8
    Yepyep, I agree. If being a character modeler is something you want to do. I suggest learning the "rules" of character anatomy and Form.

Go get yourself the Hogarth Dynamic anatomy book. and copy from paper to 3D exactly. go get some clay, or crank out some drawings. Interestingly enough I am told when you want to model for characters, don't even touch zbrush until you can draw and sculpt a character normaly.

Now even I think that is a little extreme. But you get the point.

But if you want Zbrush practice. Go do some real anatomy sculpts, and don't stop until it looks real. (or cool enough) ;)

Critiques are numerous (and rather sugar coated) on polycount. So don't worry about getting critiques. But everyone hates giving advice to something that... well makes them look like a Douche when they try and "critique" your work.

So good luck man. and I await to see some future sculpts!
  • DekuHD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DekuHD polycounter lvl 6
    Yepyep, I agree. If being a character modeler is something you want to do. I suggest learning the "rules" of character anatomy and Form.

Go get yourself the Hogarth Dynamic anatomy book. and copy from paper to 3D exactly. go get some clay, or crank out some drawings. Interestingly enough I am told when you want to model for characters, don't even touch zbrush until you can draw and sculpt a character normaly.

Now even I think that is a little extreme. But you get the point.

But if you want Zbrush practice. Go do some real anatomy sculpts, and don't stop until it looks real. (or cool enough) ;)

Critiques are numerous (and rather sugar coated) on polycount. So don't worry about getting critiques. But everyone hates giving advice to something that... well makes them look like a Douche when they try and "critique" your work.

So good luck man. and I await to see some future sculpts!

Thanks for the replay man, and also for the book ;D It's a shame i can't draw very well, but i don't really want that to affect my sculpting/modeling so i shall take your advice and won't stop until i make a dude that has the realist buttocks you've ever seen!
  • RailbladerX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RailbladerX polycounter lvl 8
    Thats the spirit.