Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Mixamo Contest] - Hovotz - Ben(WIP)

Hello guys!

ABOUT BEN
A genius young scientist and cryptographer who believe that he deciphered the Voynich manuscript and claimed that the manuscript is about the ritual of resurrection and eternal youth/immortality. He is so interested in resurrection(the reason why is not known at this point) that he set sail to find all those unfamiliar herbs which he believes are the ingredients of the ritual. He believes those astrological like graph in the manuscript are the locations of these herbs.

POST EDITED:

ben1.jpg

Here's little Ben(5'6" tall) with his nerdy haircut, wearing his favorite Harry Potter glass(has a sharp eye), and smirking(as always) like a mad scientist set sail on his journey.

ABOUT THE GAME
(Where I want to put this character. I'm not creating one)
It's an Adventure RPG Puzzle Dungeon Crawling game with look, feel, view, and gameplay like Diablo II. Crawling dungeon after dungeon, and solving puzzle after puzzle to collect all herbs.

Replies

• hovotz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ben2.jpg

Here's Ben with his custom made gun.

Normal weapons won't work on monsters inside those dungeons. Only special weapons forged using special materials that can be found inside those dungeons can be use against them. Luckily, Ben is also an inventor and weapon smith(as hobby). Required materials to forge strong weapons are in the deepest part of those dungeon, Ben only manage to forge blunt weapons using materials he founds on the entrance. To survive, he needs to forge new weapon as he acquired the required materials to forge stronger one.

--

I think this is my final design on Ben. Next is the sculpting.
  • hovotz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    benWIP11.jpg

Final sculpt(changed the hair).
  • hovotz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm so slow!:poly127: From the last update this what I manage to finish(been busy with these past few days). Hope I can make a decent animation on the remaining time.

Update:

lowpoly.jpg

This is the final low poly of the character, and it is way below the target triangle count. I'm planning to get close to the target triangle count by adding a weapon and a platform after the animation. Hope I still have the time to do those.