Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci-Fi 3D environment W.I.P

Replies

• EdHanley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EdHanley polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks for the comments and critiques guys. I will have a look at the text and see if I can make it seem like it belongs there a bit more.

Yeah I'm just modelling it in Max, baking in Xnormal, texturing in Photoshop and adding normal detail with nDo., then putting it together in cryengine.

It's my first time making a proper environment in cryengine so spending a while just tweaking things and seeing what they do! lol.

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it :)

Ed
  • DougClayton4231
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DougClayton4231 polycounter lvl 3
  • Dubzski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dubzski polycounter lvl 11
    Awesome work, loving the lighting =).

My only crit would be that it looks noticeably modular in areas; some *hero* texture + prop pieces could be something worth looking into depending on the amount of time you want to spend on this.
    As it is could totally see it as a giant modular piece for a scifi set.
  • EdHanley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Dubzski, thanks for the comment. You're totally right about the modularity of it. I plan to make some props like you said and also create some custom decals to break up the pieces and make them unique.

Ed
  • EdHanley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OK, so its been an age since I updated this thread, but I figured I would revive it from the ashes and post my final shots of the environment. Since the last post I have simply finished texturing the bits and pieces and adjusted the lighting a little more.

So here are some final shots, and I think I am calling this done now and will be starting another project, not sure what though...

angle01.png

angle02.png

angle03.png

angle04.png

Thanks for looking!

Ed
  • bobmartien
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bobmartien polycounter lvl 11
    Cool work dude.
  • _Kratos_