Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Student Portfolio Critique

BI0PREDAT0R
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
BI0PREDAT0R polycounter lvl 5
Hey guys just finished school and looking for some critiques on my website. I haven't applied any where yet i wanna focus on prop models and doing good texturing with them so ill be adding that in the fall and applying by then but just wanna see what you think so far and where i can improve.

Thanks in advance for any critques :)

http://mathewgervais.carbonmade.com/

Replies

• DireWolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Easy to navigate. A bit distracted by your name's font on the top left. I'd move the abandon building's link a bit higher, because, personally I think it's the best piece you have and should be the first thing you want your visitors to see.

I think you should add a bit label on your front page links. I was quite surprised to find out that the first link was actually a reel.
  • Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    Your presentation is fine, webpage is clean and good (Well carbonmade) your logo should be better tho

Your work looks fine to me, sure there are enough small things to crit, but id say its presentable when you add your info to the images

I dont like the strong yellow light on the city scene however, it looks like you have a yellow diffuse with a yellow light. Usually the buildings are still mainly white, so you have a way too strong yellow.
  • BI0PREDAT0R
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BI0PREDAT0R polycounter lvl 5
    Shrike wrote: »
    Your presentation is fine, webpage is clean and good (Well carbonmade) your logo should be better tho

Your work looks fine to me, sure there are enough small things to crit, but id say its presentable when you add your info to the images

I dont like the strong yellow light on the city scene however, it looks like you have a yellow diffuse with a yellow light. Usually the buildings are still mainly white, so you have a way too strong yellow.

Thanks I went into the UDK file and adjusted that light and it made a world of difference ill see when i have time to render out that scene. :)