Home Dota 2

Morphling Armor Model-Feedback and possible help wanted!

Criker24
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Criker24 polycounter lvl 3
Hey guys! This is my first attempt to make a Dota 2 item. I started loving playing Morphling and felt the need to give him something...

Only the face element isn't maxed out on the tri count for game models. The mask is way below so I have plenty of room still to play there.
Anywho, behold! The work of an amateur!

MorphlingBladesofSolarDevinity_zpsc8cbd94f.png

I'm not a texture artist by any stretch of the word... so I'll have to describe what I want it to look like.

The mask is going to either have an angry morphling face expression beaten into the metal or it will have a grill that covers the whole face kinda like a fencing mask. Haven't decided yet.

MorphlingBladesofSolarDevinity-02_zps23d84e60.png

I intend the armor to look like highly polished bronze with some nice tarnish along the edges and stretching into the middle of the armor elements.

Here's a pic I think illustrates this quite nicely:

http://www.timelineauctions.com/upload/images/items/small/1906-s.jpg

As for the blades on the shoulder pieces... I'm debating raising them up a fair bit so that they add a bit more flair and character.

MorphlingBladesofSolarDevinity-03_zpsa094a1c1.png

Any thoughts?

As I can't texture to the quality required by the steam workshop I'm planning on seeking someone to texture it (I'm not expecting charity, but am on a budget). If you guys like the model enough I'll seek out said strong individual and have it up on the workshop asap.

I haven't got any names you the pieces yet (or lore for that matter), but I hope to have something to show soon enough.