Home General Discussion

Halo: Spartan Assault

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Spiffy polycounter lvl 12
Don't know how involved Polycount is with Halo

Anyone have opinions about this release?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxsYQtltOco"]Halo: Spartan Assault Announce Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

With the Xbox One looking pretty grim and now this, I think Microsoft marketing team has dollars signs in there eyes, Turning towards the mobile market.

The only good thing I think that will come out of this is a possible announcement of previous Halo titles coming to PC, What with use of the Saber 3D engine (Halo Anniversary) and Halo 3 entries appearing on Steam data base.

Replies

• praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    Spiffy wrote: »
    I think Microsoft marketing team has dollars signs in there eyes, Turning towards the mobile market.

Not just Microsoft, but what company wouldn't look at an untapped market with dollar signs in their eyes? I don't think it is a bad idea necessarily for them to make mobile games, however I do think it is stupid to limit themselves to Win8 and Windows Phone.

I don't know a single person who has a Windows phone. Maybe it is a big enough market but how much of a market share do they really have? Otherwise I'm pretty happy with win7 right now and don't plan to upgrade my OS for Halo. Didn't they try this same thing with Windows Vista and Halo 2?
  • Spiffy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Windows Vista AND Games for Windows Live

It was glitchy and the DRM drove it into the ground.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    I have a Windows phone. I can guarantee it is not capable of running that game.

A Halo MOBA gets a resounding 'meh' from me.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Look at the stats of the mobile market and how it effects PC, ignoring it is a pretty bad idea. Focusing on Windows tablets and phones is a bit silly - iOS is where the money is.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It wouldn't make any kind of business sense to make a Halo game for a direct competitor's product..
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    I think AAA mobile games are a terrible idea. Ya, TONS of people play mobile games. there's no doubt about that. How many of you play AAA mobile games? If I wanted a serious game, id play with a console. Touch controls are terribad for those times of games. I personally only play mobile games that I can pick up and put down quickly. When friends are out for a smoke at the bar or whatever.

Seems like most people are like that as well. Ive never heard a single person say they love AAA mobile games.

But, if that leaked image for the X1 release titles is accurate, which, because of this teaser could very well be, then maybe it will be on XBL as well? Who knows...
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee wrote: »
    It wouldn't make any kind of business sense to make a Halo game for a direct competitor's product..

I doubt it's going to move many Windows Phones or Tablets - Apple can compete with Samsung and still use Samsung produced parts in their products.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's different; Apple don't manufacture components, so they aren't in competition in that market. Apple don't develop operating systems for Samsung tablets, and vice versa.
  • vargatom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xbox One looks grim?

I must have missed something...
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The lineup isn't particularly gripping thus far. I'm hoping there are some really interesting things to come out at E3.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vargatom wrote: »
    Xbox One looks grim?

I must have missed something...

It's the internet - just like the hate prior to this generation but without the lulz over geometrically challenged haters: "When I saw the new Xbox I did a 360 and walked away!!"
  • Spiffy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Personally I think its looking pretty grim, there doesn't seem to be anything new or interesting on the table, it just seems to be sequel after sequel or remastered games and money milking.

For me it has nothing to do with the rumors everyone seems to be exaggerating constantly