Home Artists Looking For Work

Contract: Unreal Tournament 2K4 Animation

I'm looking to hire an animator to complete a set of new animations for an old piece of Unreal Tournament 2004 Machinima. I originally finished the film back in 2003, and did all the animation myself... poorly. :) I think the story and the visuals of the film stand up well, but the animation is horrid, and I would like to get the animations redone to a higher standard before putting the film to Youtube.

This is where you come in. I need about 40 relatively short animations for the two main characters -- these use the original HumanMaleA and HumanFemaleA rigs. Of these, the largest are new walk cycles. The rest are short animations such as looking left, looking right, looking puzzled, sitting down, and so on.

The animations that went into the movie were originally created in Milkshape. I have the source files in (what I believe) is Milkshape's default format as well as .psa (I have to dig them out - they're on an old machine). I would like the final files in *.psa for import straight into UnrealEd. When animating, you should be able to use the existing animations as a "block out" to get the positioning on the hands and other parts largely correct. I will track down the original 3DS Rigs for you.

This is a paying job, within reason (this is for my own portfolio). After agreeing on terms and cost, I'll make payment through Paypal or whatever method you prefer.

If this sounds like something you'd like to do, contact me here through PM with a link to your portfolio, rates, and any other pertinent info. I can provide a complete animation list as request - I just didn't want to post a long list here.

Thanks for your interest!

- Eric