Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Max Steel

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Iciban polycounter lvl 10
Hey, so I got the green light and just wanted to post a few stuff I did at work. The show I'm working on is called Max Steel. If you were from the 90's. You might've watched a tv show called Max Steel. Well this is like an "upgraded ver" To me, it has a Ben10 vibe too it.
Show is pretty stylized/ cartoony. Has a bit of handpainted texture feel to it. Some stuff I would like to spend more time on, but couldn't due to deadlines.
Hope you guys like it. =D

Handpaint.jpgmartin-1024x576.jpgzombie-1024x576.jpgFishy.jpgXander-1024x576.jpgalien_close-1024x526.jpgalien-1024x512.jpgGoop-1024x512.jpg

Replies

• wester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wester polycounter lvl 13
    This is great! Is this for the tv show reboot or a game? What are these rendered in? Are these lit renders or do you paint the light in the texture?

Sorry so many questions but I love learning about how they do pre-rendered type cinematic modeling and texturing.
  • Iciban
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, this is a reboot of a tvshow. These are all using a certain shader that our Senior Texture Artist made. You can say its a mix of incidence/ Matcaps. The style was leaning more towards team fortress. When everything is ready, comp then adds the lightening to it.
    As for the texturing. A lot of those highlights/ spec are painted in the diffuse. Depends on what your working on. Sometimes we do create spec maps, but most of the time we don't. But for the slime monsters, there's a specific shader which creates that "wet" feel. Along with some normal maps which helps a lot too.

Hope that answers your questions. sorry if I missed anything. XDD
  • makecg
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AimBiZ polycounter lvl 14
    I admire he cleanliness of the textures and forms. Well done!
  • Di$array
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Di$array polycounter lvl 5
    God I remember that show and all the action man style figures that accompanied it. I imagine it follows the same style as the new show? I can dig the new art style and may give it a watch to see what they've done with it. But I'm enjoying the work you've produced, especially the fish with the top hat. :)
  • Neolight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neolight polycounter lvl 10
    I remember the show! Thanks for sharing your great work. Looking forward to hearing more about it!
  • Iciban
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys! Great i get to work with sucha talented team. Learned tons

@di$array - Hahhaha i use to watch that show too when I was a kid. Who knew I would be working on the new one. This ver, the story is a bit different. Max is the main character and steel is an alien. When they combine, they "go turbo" XDD So you can say it still has some similarities.

Here's a bit more stuff.
    Main.jpg
    Viaduct.jpg
    generic.jpg