Home Dota 2

Help about rigging, animations, life and everything.

Hi all,

first time posting :)

I recently had my first item integrated in-game (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=141913681&searchtext=)

And I'm currently working on the second piece of the "set", but I'm working painfully slow as I'm still fiddling with the tools (zbrush / blender / xnormal / gimp ).

The second item is a head-piece with a french braid

portait.jpg

fullbody_front.jpg

fullbody_back.jpg

And I'm having some serious trouble skinning the braid properly.
I tried skinning it to the ponytail bones, but they are not always used in the queen animations, and tend to clip savagely across the back :/

I tried to skin it to the spine bones to avoid clipping, but it's even worse.

So I'm wondering what solutions do I have?
Is it possible to tweak the animations and export custom animations with the item?
If so, how do we bind these anims to a submission?

I must admit I'm a little lost here.

Cheers!

Lan56k

Replies

• Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    First, use imgur to upload images ^^

Second, try going half and half: give 50% of the weighting to the head joint and the other 50% to the ponytail bones as usual.
  • Lan56k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi,

Unfortunately I already tried mixed skinning between the head and ponytails.
    I cried my eyes out getting the braid not to clip through the body on the run cycle (by deforming the base mesh and using a 4 bones weighting across head and ponytails)
    Then I switched to the attack animation and got depressed :
    It just doesn't use/care about the ponytail bones as the standard haircut is shorter and doesn't bother on lots of anims :/