Rain : Particle

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
mountains polycounter lvl 10
Hi Polycount.

My problem .. RAIN

How to make or tutorial, tips.

I could not find any good...

I use Maya for Models. Is it possible to (maya particle) export ... unity ?

Thank you very much. :poly121:

ScreenShot2013-05-19at122445PM_zps455c3eaa.png

Replies

• MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    there a many different approaches to how particle effects are created. The most convincing methods are going to use a mix of after effects, a bit of 3d and some post work in photoshop.

Unfortunately there's no way to use maya's particle system within unity, so i'd suggest the following:

Rain is a fairly straightforward one since the individual droplets dont require much detail, so i think you can start work rite inside of unity. Create an emitter with a large radius (so as to cover a large area) set some initial velocity in the -y axis, and some random velocity in the x and z axis to get some angled droplets.
    For the actual material, you can get away with a solid color with a bit of transparency (transparent diffuse shader would work well) and a small particle size

be sure to read up on shuriken if you've never used particles inside of unity
  • Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Create a large-ish particle emitter and parent it to your camera (that way it can look like it's raining everywhere but really it's only in a distance around your camera).

Set it to make particles and ensure it's in world space.

Probably want to turn on stretching based on velocity.
  • mountains
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mountains polycounter lvl 10
    I gonna try...

Thank you very much :) MikeF and Farfarer.