Home Unreal Engine

"Built With UDK" crashes//Can't work in Editor

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
punchface polycounter lvl 6
Hey y'all...I just upgraded to Win8/64 and I've installed the Feb2013 UDK beta.

I noticed right away that my Firewall was blocking Built With UDK so I changed the settings in the Firewall and hoped for the best.

No luck. "Built With UDK" crashes immediately upon program initialization and the Editor closes.

I have an NVidia GeForce 9500GT gfx card which and the 3.18 driver for it. This particular card should be supporting OpenGL 3.0 but not the latest OpenGL4.3 or whatever it is. As I understand it, OpenGL3 should be enough to allow "Built With UDK" to open.

Does anybody know what's up? Shouldn't the latest appropriate driver for my card automatically make sure that my OpenGL version is 3.0 etc. etc. ?

pf

Replies

• Hourences
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hourences polycounter lvl 18
    Unreal uses D3D not Opengl.

Post your log file to see what happens. Found in Install dir\UDKGame\Logs\Launch.log

Run it as administrator to be safe. Try to reinstall it in case it did not properly write all files.

Which driver do you have? 3.18 doesn't exist. Try the latest driver.

Otherwise your 3D card is on the very bottom of the kind of card required to run Unreal, so that probably also does not help.
  • Angry Beaver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Angry Beaver polycounter lvl 7
    Not tried with the feb version, but your talking about upgrading so I'll mention something that helped me.

Delete
    /UDKGame/Config/UDKEditorUserSettings.ini
    /UDKGame/Config/UDKSystemSettings.ini

you can probably delete most of that config folder. but what happened is thoose settings file were causing crashes after being synced across multiple members of our team.
  • Neavah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not sure if this will help but, does your internet explorer work?

If I hit the start-up screen thing - udk would crash, clicked in the content browser, and it would crash. Another version I had that launched the start-up page right away, would crash immediately.
    All this because internet explorer wasn't working (I don't use it, so I never noticed).

Maybe that helps, maybe it doesn't?

Good luck
  • punchface
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    punchface polycounter lvl 6
    Oops, oh hell, my driver isn't 3.18, you're totally right, Hourences, that is a bogus number and doesn't exist. My driver is 320.18.

I have some chores to do today before I can get back to this but when I do, I'll dig up the log and post it. Thanks everyone for your help so far. :)

pf
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    Hourences wrote: »
    Post your log file to see what happens. Found in Install dir\UDKGame\Logs\Launch.log

^