Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Mixamo Contest] - Iago Diehl - Mariana and The Chambers of the Unknown (WIP)

What's up guys?! My name is Iago Diehl and I'm a Brazilian Game Dev student. It's not just a contest to me, it's a CHALLENGE. My character is a girl, I'm using Blender to sculpt, making a character that uses a lot of clothes and making a base mesh without Zpheres. WHOA! I'm breathless. I never did things like this before, wish me luck!

The character is inspired by a friend of mine, so the part of the description when talks about her occupation it's truth! The character face will be similiar to her face as well.

A Brazilian Enginieer student goes to Yale University in exchange and starts to know about the Voynich Manuscript and its mysteries. She borrows a copy of the Manuscript at the library to try to understand the book, but she fails. For a time she don't care about it anymore, but one day at the library, she finds a book with one of the symbols of the manuscript in it.
She starts to read this book and inside of it there is a lot of maps and some notes about the book. The curiosity makes her she follow the maps to a garden of the University where she finds, on the ground under the grass a big symbol and out of the blue, the floor gives away and she falls into subterranean chambers. So She starts her jorney to find an exit, passing through a lot of chambers with puzzles, traps and a very much of mystery. She hopes to find an exit passing through the chambers, but maybe she'll find something beyond her imagination.

Here are the Concepts:

JkQiKMu.png

S3z6wyg.png

I actually didn't like very much the side view concept, but in 3D it is going to be better.

Replies

• TyC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TyC
    Hey nice character! I think she has the most in depth story I have read so far :) I really like her explorer look, a head lamp might look good on top of that construction hat. Looking forward to seeing her progress!
  • iagodiehl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Whoa, Nice idea! It will save me time. I was thinking about model a torch, but a head lamp is very easier to make in my opinion. And thank you very much! I thought about it while reading about Voynich Manuscript XD I'm spending a lot of time making the base mesh because I want it very close to the final result. I'm going to post a print later on :)
  • iagodiehl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm pretty satisfied with the body base mesh but I still have to work a lot on the head.

LOXrzko.png

Nj09HYP.png

dFjDJkV.png

41r6Ej3.png

UhdrJLJ.png

And I have a little worry about the triangles. I have over than 12000 triangles and I haven't did yet the acessories, neither her hair :T So, I'm going to make a retopology, I hope I can put it under the 20000 triangles. Well, if someone have a clue for me, say it please xD
  • Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey there! Quick reminder that you still need to fully register to the contest so that we may provide you with free access to Mixamo's Auto-Rigger and Motions Collection. (You will need to take a few minutes to Auto-Rig and animate your character before submitting your entry.)

Here's how to register: Simply send an email to contest@mixamo.com and provide the following info:

Name: Your First and Last Name
    Login: Your Mixamo login or associated email address
    Source: Where you heard about this contest
    Tools: 3D software you will use to model your character
    Polycount WIP Thread: Your email must include the URL to your work-in-progress thread on Polycount so we can follow your progress

That's it!

We'll then provide you with free Auto-Rigging and animating on Mixamo and send you a confirmation. Thanks!