Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Handpainted npcs

Hey Polycount!

Working on some handpainted textures for someone else's models. Any advice/critique is very much appreciated.

femalemodelexample.png

Replies

• fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fatihG_ polycounter lvl 14
    Try disabling the shading and make the model display just flat colours.
  • Rockman!
  • ghost-d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ghost-d polycounter lvl 17
    Still not good enough - you´re losing a lot of the details from your texture just because of the settings you use for viewing. If you´re using 3ds max, try this:
    hit M to open material editor. Find "self-illumination" setting in the blinn basic parameters. There´s a color tick-box - check it. After that you will have there a color box - click it and set the color to white.
    There´s also another way, leave the color box unchecked, set the self-illumination to 100%, then set the color box for diffuse (on the left, next to the self-illumination part) to white. These are 2 ways to can get what bb0x suggested (in 3ds max).
    I hope this description helps. I would make some screenshots on how to do it, but it´s almost midnight here and I´m a bit lazy too :P There´s a lot of potential in the texture, it would be real shame if it didn´t show up just because of the setting. Keep us posted.