Home Technical Talk

3ds Visibillity properties

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
zebus_0 polycounter lvl 7
Having a lot of problems with an object's visibility in Max. The object in question is a piece of clothing on a character, I had it set to .6 or so visibility so that I could work on the mesh underneath, or see bones or something. For some reason now I CAN. NOT. get the visibility to change in the object properties. I'll go change it from .6 to 1.0 over and over and the change will not hold. I've made, deleted, and remade keyframes both with auto key and in the dope sheet visibility track to try and force it to go back to 1.0 but I just cannot get the object 100% visible again. Ideas?

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Select the object, right click, select object properties and in the lower right section see if its set to layer or object. If its set to layer it will inherit some of its properties from the layer it's on.

Also did you animate the values at all? Or did you wire it to something else like a control board? Or did you use reaction manager to drive the visibility track?

Have you tried creating a new object like a cube and attaching your mesh to it?
  • zebus_0
    Offline / Send Message
    zebus_0 polycounter lvl 7
    The way it turned out was that I didn't realize that in 3ds the parents affect children as far as attributes like transparency = l