Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Mixamo Contest] - Doomprodigy - Scarlett (WIP)

doomprodigy
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
doomprodigy polycounter lvl 5
Hello Everyone,

Just a bit about myself since I haven't posted on Polycount before. I am a student currently studying Animation in New Zealand, and that is about it. Really into my gaming, music, art and film etc as I assume a lot of people here are.

Haven't really thought about my characters back story or how it ties into the Voynich Manuscript thing but I'll type that up later. Probably come to me as a design the character.

Here is a concept outline of what I'm going with only outlines as I am not the best painter yet. Definitely a modern adventurer (Indiana Jones, Lara Croft, Nathan Drake) maybe with a victorian vibe. Don't really know .

- Image deleted

C&C Always welcome.

Peace,

Replies

• MonteCristo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'd definitely have a bit more of a think. Right now, this is the obvious approach, which will definitely animate nicely, but will likely not stick in the memory too much. Maybe try and add a twist in there to give her a more interesting vibe. This could be cultural, perhaps. Anything to make her less like those other archetypes you've just mentioned.
  • doomprodigy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'd definitely have a bit more of a think. Right now, this is the obvious approach, which will definitely animate nicely, but will likely not stick in the memory too much. Maybe try and add a twist in there to give her a more interesting vibe. This could be cultural, perhaps. Anything to make her less like those other archetypes you've just mentioned.

Haven't had too much time to play with what she looks like though I find what makes a character memorable is the characters story and personality. So I might spice up the design to reflect what I will write about her. Though it won't be much different from the current look. I might add some aviation goggles and a jacket. I am wanting to try and show the "tough" classic adventurer look. Cliche I know, I like my strong female characters.

I have also decided to change my characters name to Rosalynn, though I am not to sure on how to change the thread title. Can't seem to get the edit post to show the title.

- Image Deleted

Hopefully the hair turns out alright, I'm horrible at making female hair, at the moment that is

3D Stuff to come sometime this week

C&C Always welcome

Peace,
  • doomprodigy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Comment! Hate to double post haha.

Managed to get in some work. Just roughing out my original design, more to come as the comp end is slowly creeping up on me. She is a bit bald at the moment, still a few clothing pieces to rough out. Need to work on my sculpting ability.

- Image deleted

C&C Please

Peace,