Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Mixamo Contest] Horace Bennett

Hi guys,
I recently found this challenge on the forum, and found a great opportunity to up my character design skills. I will be posting all my Wips on here as part of the rules for the contest.

For now my character backstory and a few influences:

Character: Horace Bennett

Age 59

Setting: 19th Century ,London England.

"Horace Bennett , an Englishman enlighten by the discipline of the plants, is a renowned name in the botanical world, primarily due to his discoveries of new species of plants.
Being very intellectual, when he heard of the the “Voynich Manuscript“, he automatically knew it hid information about his beloved plants, maybe a healing plant, maybe a poisonous one or maybe a very rare species.
After many sleepless nights attempting to decipher the manuscript as he expected, it provided him with information about a very rare species of plant only to be found at the very centre of the amazon Jungle, South America.
Being a botanist and not an adventurer, he thought to hire a expedition, but as the thought was formed it was immediately discarded, after realising the lack of coin on his pockets, all spent on whisky which served as a company horrendous nights being puzzled by the manuscript.
Now his only choice was to grab his botanical kit, disembark in Brazil and venture alone to the heart of the dangerous Amazon Jungle in search of this rare species of plants, which could make him some serious gold."

Horace-BennetReferences.jpg

List of character Accessories:

Hatchet
Hand Lens (binocular)
Trowel
Pruner
Vials and glass containers
Bag
sleeping bag with tent.
compass
handkerchief

Last Update: