Home Unreal Engine

Hi, Do all versions of UDK contain textures

Right now I'm using Unreal Development Kit (64-bit, DX11) version 9953.

In the content browser, it keeps telling me "nothing to show, check your filters"

I right click and click on "fully load" but still nothing. So do some versions of UDK not contain textures? If so then can I have please have a tutorial that shows how to import 3ds max textures into UDk.

Replies

• EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    I'm writing these just in case because all UDK builds contain lots of content as far as I know.

There should be a button called "All Assets" at the left upper corner of the content browser. Try clicking it. Also, you may have filtered displayed content by writing something in the search bar or by choosing certain types of assets to display.

If you still don't have any textures displaying here's how you import textures. Just convert your textures into .tga files and drag-drop them from windows explorer into the content browser. Then the import dialogue will pop up where you can write the package name and compression settings etc.
  • Link702
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, does the resolution need to be the same for the width and length for the textures to import?
  • EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    No, you can import rectangular textures too but you need the resolutions to be powers of 2. Like 64, 128, 512 etc.
  • Jacky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jacky polycounter lvl 6
    Every beta contains some assets and textures but the last two releases have empty install option while installing, which gets rid of all the extra stuff.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    Even the empty install contains textures. I would do as the message says, and check your filters...
  • Angry Beaver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Angry Beaver polycounter lvl 7
    Additionally there's a box in the bottom left that shows a file explorer, this shows where you might be looking for textures from, if you have a sub element selected it'll limit results to just that package.
  • Nebularium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nebularium polycounter lvl 7
    Link702 wrote: »
    Thanks, does the resolution need to be the same for the width and length for the textures to import?

It doesn't have to be the same, but make sure that your texture sizes are powers of two, that is 32, 64, 128, 256 etc., otherwise they wont be streamed. You can use texture sizes like 1024x512 etc.