Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Mixamo Contest] - MRJONES - Roman Vehement (WIP)

Howdy all.

Initial concept:

colorotpng

Latest:

hairmockupjpg

73393968jpg

Good luck everyone

Replies

• Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great... but does he, or does he not have two hearts? :P

Loving the character and the story already. Welcome back Mr Jones!! Can't wait to see more WIP from you!
  • KristaW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KristaW polycounter lvl 9
  • MRJONES
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello!!! I haven't posted in soooo long :poly122: Just to update that a) I'm still alive and b) I am still working on an entry!

Anyway, I've had a small change in direction. All the clothing is finished but just needs refinement, the hair is just a very rough block-in but the face is more or less at a point I'm happy with.

col1ek.jpg

73393968.jpg

Here's a colour mock-up with a quick hair paint over:

hairmockup.jpg

And here's what he would look like if he were a Muppet. (Disclaimer: He isn't going to be turned into a Muppet)

muppetb.jpg
  • aneeshmode
  • Baldez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baldez polycounter lvl 10
    this is one of my favorites so far
  • Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey there! Quick reminder that you still need to fully register to the contest so that we may provide you with free access to Mixamo's Auto-Rigger and Motions Collection. (You will need to take a few minutes to Auto-Rig and animate your character before submitting your entry.)

Here's how to register: Simply send an email to contest@mixamo.com and provide the following info:

Name: Your First and Last Name
    Login: Your Mixamo login or associated email address
    Source: Where you heard about this contest
    Tools: 3D software you will use to model your character
    Polycount WIP Thread: Your email must include the URL to your work-in-progress thread on Polycount so we can follow your progress

That's it!

We'll then provide you with free Auto-Rigging and animating on Mixamo and send you a confirmation. Thanks!
  • MRJONES
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay thanks Anais, I'll get on it!
  • Anais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey there Jones!!

Hey there! Just a quick reminder that the deadline for your submission has been extended: you have until tonight (Monday July 8, 11:59:59 pm PST) to email us your entry.

If you have any issue with the Auto-Rigging or Animating, our awesome support team is here to help out so feel free to email support@mixamo.com and use the word "contest" in the subject of your email so that we get back to you before the end of the day.

You def shared som very nice WIP so far so I hope you'll submit!
    Good luck!