Home General Discussion

Marvel Heroes - ARPG meets MMO - F2P

mod
I havent watched this video fully, so I dunno if its good, but it shows game play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3eFS52jpso

Anyone playing this? The open beta weekend is happening right now. They extended it till Tuesday due to severe lag on Saturday. This is the ARPG (Diablo style game) made by David Brevik, the ORIGINAL diablo creator. The guy that pitched Diablo in the first place. There's a lot of games out there claiming to be made by the makers of diablo, and as much as its probably true. Some of the devs probably did work on them, this guy came up with the original idea.

That being said... Truth be told, I turned it off within 10 minutes. I didnt like it. I thought it was slow and boring.

But then, I gave it another shot because the D3 streamer I usually watch was playing, and man, after an hour, I was hooked. There are so many cool game mechanics that I havent seen before. Its a F2P game, and you start with a small selection of heroes. Everything in the game can be found through drops, or you can buy the other heroes / skins with G's which are the real money currency. You cant have more than 1 of the same hero though. Whenever you start playing a hero, they start at level one, but you can swap to other heroes at any time. Your roster just shows their picture, and what level they are. Swap to another, and you keep your inventory the same, you keep your quest line, all the vendor levels, everything. You can change the story back at any time though if its too hard for the current hero.

The game is an mmo in the diablo style of game play. So most zones are open to everyone. You get full xp and loot if someone else kills something in your area, and each public area has a boss of some sort. World boss, if you will. But then the main story line, the bosses are in instances that you do alone or in a party. The end game is suppose to have a bunch of cool stuff that mixes ARPG end game of farming bosses and lots of enemies with MMO end game of raiding bosses. So It sounds like its going to have a bunch of scenerios that you go to alone or with a group that requires skill to complete.

Crafting is pretty cool. If you find an epic item (purple) for a different hero, you can use crafting to turn it into an item for your current hero! and you can level up all vendors and crafting npcs by "Donating" items to them. Its basically like selling your item, but for xp for the vendor instead of cash.

Honestly, its a great game, and i see huge potential in it. Im REAAALLLY curious about the end game, as they havent said too much about it. But I strongly recommend this game to anyone that likes the diablo style of game. Give a try when it releases, or try for the day today. It's free to play... how can you go wrong?

Replies