Home Unreal Engine

Crazy Value in DX11

Dee
Hello, can anyone explain to me why is this happening? Im using reference depth of field(just a side question can it be manually adjusted through camera, couldnt seem get it to work).

What are those black cubes?

2.jpg

Replies

• ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    Depth of field is a post process effect, not a camera effect - you can modify it, on the fly if needs be.

The black squares are one of two things:
    a) Rendering artefacts caused by UDK's Dx11 renderer being sketchy as fuck. Use Dx9 unless you need Dx11.
    b) A particle system with sprites of that size and it cannot find the texture.
  • Dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dee
    Its not the particle system its something to do with my material as it appears to be... Cause its not applied to other material instances(I have a master material and everything else is a child instance).
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    Run in Dx9 mode and see if the artefact goes away.
  • Dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dee
    aDzDEb9.jpg

Basically had to bake lighting again and the artefact went away. And yes we really need DX11 :D.
  • alfalfasprossen
    are you using the deriveZ node, or how it is called, to procedurally create the blue channel of your normal maps in some shaders? or are you using uncompressed normalmaps?

From my experience, the built-in method is unsafe and produces errors similar to whats shown on your image. I advise to do the derivation of the blue channel yourself and clamp the result to suppress wrong values.