Home Royalties or Post-Launch Compensation Work

Opportunity to work on a highly unconventional game

I have spent my career designing unconventional games, and now I've decided to revive a game I built 25 years ago -- only this time, it can be vastly better because of the improvements in technology. I'm looking for a few people to accompany me on a process that is as much discovery as development.

The game is called Siboot; you can Google it to find out about the original game. The basic concept is simple: talk to others in an attempt to cajole them into giving you information that's crucial to victory. The "talk" is done with a kind of ESP that uses symbols that are assembled into sentences. The key to the game is the rich, complex language that permits deals, threats, promises, even lying -- along with accusations.

This will a browser-based game; I'll handle all the game logic but I need some people to help with artwork and animation. One of the animation tasks involves putting emotional expressions on the faces of alien beings. We're not talking about the low-energy photo-realistic stuff we see in most games -- I want to push the intensity of the emotional expression, and I intend to abandon photo-realism to make that happen.

Even wilder is the animation for "dream combat". Since this combat takes place in a "dream world", we have plenty of room for creative leaps.

The design essays for the evolving design can be found here

The call for participants is here

Chris Crawford