Home General Discussion

Dogonauts - Stop motion short kickstarter

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
Just wanted to help spread the word of a kickstarter campaign that friends of mine are doing. Justin has worked on a ton of games, tv shows, and even film now. He's worked on Ratchet & Clank games, Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, Robot Chicken tv show, Spongebob Xmas special, Paranorman movie, and a boatload of games I'm forgetting at the moment. He and his Wife Shel have been making stop-mo films in their garage for 6+ years.

I used to work with Justin years ago and I remember he would come into work having gotten only 2 hours (or less) of sleep most nights. He would go home after animating all day and animate in their garage. They do this non-stop a year plus. It's really motivating to see people that driven. I know it definitely kicked my lazy butt in gear some.

Their earlier short Gerald's Last Day has won a bunch of awards at animation festivals. This new one is super close to being done. They just need a kickstarter final push to wrap it up after their investor pulled out. They've got some great rewards and it's a really awesome short.

Anyways check it out and support it if you're interested.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2131064235/dogonauts-enemy-line (I don't know how to embed the video in here so there's a link)