Home Technical Talk

PowerPreview: High Quality Nitrous Previews (3ds Max)

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
spacefrog polycounter lvl 15
I just wanted to inform that i put a new PowerPreview version online over at Scriptspot. That version is fully Max 2014 compatible and contains various bugfixes and improvements.
For people who never heard of PowerPreview:
Essentially it's a tool which allows you to tweak the Nitrous viewport to achieve the best possbile display quality. This includes options that are not available otherwise. And finally it allows you to create viewport captures at resolutions not being possible by other means ( up to 6.4K x 6.4K ).
This is true for simple snapshots as for animated previews

I would be more than happy if people would test PowerPreview using their game art ( environment, characters .. whatever), and post their results here in the thread. I think to SOME degree Nitrous quality is able to compete with dedicated preview tools, but lacks accessability to it's features. This is exactly where PowerPreview shines, giving you all options on an centralized interface.

Just head over to scriptspot and give it a try
http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/powerpreview-high-quality-nitrous-previews

Here's a preview image that shows some of the quality that is achievable using PowerPreview
powerpreview_glasses_full_2014.jpg

Replies