Home Dota 2

Animatons help

Hello lovely Polycount fourm :)

I decided to do a Ward now because I only need a colour Layer and not the other Layers I don't get.

So i have to do some Animations for the Ward but i don't know how to export the Animations.

I use Autodesk 3DS Max. I use to Skin by objekt and add a Bone with this bone i do my Animation.

So do i have to Export the bone only ? Or with the Object ? Both things don't work for me right now. I hope you guys understand my problem, just want to know how you handle this.

Cheers :thumbup:

Replies

• Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    Radiocity wrote: »
    I decided to do a Ward now because I only need a colour Layer and not the other Layers I don't get.

If you're talking about the _normal, _mask1 and _mask2 maps, you will have to do these for wards as well.

For animations export, you only have to export the skeleton (it has to be the same skeleton that your mesh is bound to). I had issues exporting via .fbx so I switched to the .smd exporter (thanks Tvidotto) for Maya so I can't really say much about that except that if you have access to Maya, use Valve's .fbx exporter for it because it has worked flawlessly for me so far.
  • Hudston
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hudston polycounter lvl 10
    Thanks Spudnik. This may not be my thread but you've managed to answer one of my questions by accident.
  • Radiocity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I can Export the bone only. But when I try to export without the bone (Selected only) it crash at the Point "Exporting Envelopes"

(FBX Formart)

I use the 2009 Version, I try to get the 2013 Trial maybe it works then