Home Dota 2

effects in dota 2

I am courios how to make and change effects for dota 2
like the dragonclaw hook wich has its own chain effect
or stuff like let fire come out of the eyes and so on

So i wanted to know if there are guides tutorials or someone who knows how to do it and could tell me :D

I would like to cange the color of the chain from the hook (and maby the form of the cainlinks ) how??

Replies

• Prophet9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prophet9 polycounter lvl 9
    Valve has a section in their guide area http://www.dota2.com/workshop/requirements
    that mentions Animations and Effects (coming soon). I assume we'll be able to change and modify these when they release the guides for them.

I do wonder though if it'll only affect the character if they already have effects applied to them (like the transparency aspect), or if we can add new effects.
    For instance, the Ogre Magi has the fire effect on the club... could it be changed to ice, based on the item or are we stuck with fire? Or could the effect be applied to other cosmetic items on the character? We'll have to wait and see.
  • Sir. Evil_Donut
    I assume we have to w8 then :/ if valve makes it possible for us to edit this effects
    THere will be some smart tinkers around here who figure out how to change everything to the modders liking :D