Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My 3D Uni Project

Quagernaut
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Quagernaut polycounter lvl 6
Hi there. Im hoping to get some feedback and criticism (constructive) on my tank model for my 1st year of Uni. Any information of feedback will be awesome. Cheers guys and girls. Last image is from 3DS Max. The first load are UDK.

Replies

• DWalker
    Very nice so far.

The only major criticism I have is that the shader feels more like plastic than painted metal. Especially in the final render the specular seems much too high. This might be partially due to the white color you're using to show wear.

In the final render, you should use a neutral gray rather than white as the background color.

In the daylight scenes, the areas in shadow seem too dark. Try increasing the ambient light.

The ground terrain doesn't match the foliage. The ground seems appropriate to a desert scene, around El Alamein, for instance, while the trees and bushes are from a jungle. The easiest solution would be to change the flora to desert scrub, while a more challenging change would be to modify the ground texture and really increase the ground clutter for a jungle setting.
    Solomon%2BIslands%2BPacific%2BWar%2Btank-740944.jpg

You might also want to add tank tracks to the ground. Depending upon who deep you want them, they can be modeled entirely in the normal and diffuse textures.
    El%20Alamein.jpg