Home Unreal Engine

Exclude object from Post Process Chain

Hello,

I'm currently working on a small scene in UDK in which the main theme is Sin City. I had the idea of allowing the scene to 'change' it self according to the movie, meaning: The more time has past the more objects get a certain color (Red, blue, yellow)

I have created a Post Process Chain which creates a sharp contrast between black and white. Now I'm looking for a way to exclude an object's red channel from the post process so it will become red.

I hope there is a way to get this, the alternative would be to texture everything accordingly and create masks that change over time.

Here are some screen grabs so you get the picture :)

Screen 1
Screen 2

Replies

• Hourences
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hourences polycounter lvl 18
    Afaik you cannot, the post process bit is always done on the whole scene.

My approach would be to texture it close to the style you are after. If everything is grey, but one mesh has a slight red tint to it you could use that as a mask in the pp material probably, and saturate that mesh further/color it.
  • Aardschok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I know that the post process is always done in the whole scene, that is why I created a chain and not a volume. It was to be expected that I couldn't, at least I don't have to break my head over is ^^ so thank you.

I will go with saturated textures and masks, cheers
  • Aardschok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Solution found!

It is possible to render out certain colors by using the color lookup table (LUT)
    When using PS keep the basic texture (found on UDK site)on top of a screen grab of the level. Adjust how you want by using Adjustment layers and save it as .PNG, import in UDK and add the texture to Color Grading lookup table in the Post Process menu (World properties) DONE :)

Result