Home Unreal Engine

Importing an Asset with Animation and Morph Target

tweekedgirl
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
tweekedgirl polycounter lvl 4
Hi guys, just after a little help with importing an asset into UDK.

It's part of my final uni assignment where we have to create a game trailer, and one of the objects is a wardrobe which walks across the scene and grows into a creepy, beast like creature.

Now, I've successfully imported the model with a morph target, and that works fine, and I've also successfully imported a model with an animation, but when I try to animate the wardrobe that has a morph target, I can't get the animation part to work.

Rather than importing and anim set called CW_Wardrobe_Walk AnimSet, it's importing an animset for the bone that I'm using for the morph target, and even when I don't select the bone and try importing it, it still seems to bring it in because it's part of the model.

I know I could simply animate the wardrobe walking across the scene using Matinee (which I might have to do due to deadlines), but I'd rather understand why I'm having an issue here for future.

Cheers to anyone who can shed some light on this.

Replies

• scrogbot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i had a similar problem where i could not import both bone and morph animation while importing a complex character, although it worked on a simple test case.

i was able to work around it by importing everything (character, morph anim and bone anim) then import just the anim from the same file.