Home Digital Sketchbooks

SketchBook: WheresMyALE

Hello! I'm Stazi. I've had this account for awhile, but haven't posted anything 'till today.

I'm 22. I'm graduating from Ringling College of Art and Design this year. I consider myself a concept artist/generalist, so there will be more 2D/3D work in the future.

So, for my first image: here are so isometric buildings. Woo! This was the first time I've worked with isometric paper. Simple models were made in Maya and their AO were painted in Photoshop. Most of the time I hand paint everything, so using photographs was sort of a another first-ish.

Sorry if the image size is wonkey. I'll figure out how to upload properly in the future.

*Note* Forgot to mention that the hospital was made first. It took a bit longer to make because of the new steps I was making. Made the apartment afterwards in half the time.

571b38d2-d63a-49f7-a776-69b8a0e33f05.jpg?t=1366395204

Replies

• WheresMyALE
    0242af1f-ff36-4e65-8677-37e44a2b5f26.jpgLittle project I gave myself after school. First I made a gray-scale version of this monster and used Color/Overlay layers to color it. The more vibrant colors were difficult to work with due to their predictability. I think next time I'll work straight into color, then edit the original rather than re-colour the gray-scale version over and over. I don't like how the spikes on the monster's left side came out so spaced apart. I'll have to be more careful about the measurements next time.
  • WheresMyALE
    Polycount1.jpg

WIP on a small project. It's a bust of Shelley Duvall. The hair is just a stand in for a technique I would like to try out later. I would like to finish it either tomorrow or Monday. We'll have to see how things go.

Here's a link for reference: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Ne5Lb2SiFHg/SJdp3X2lrvI/AAAAAAAAOvg/cKaPJ4HPWhw/s400/shining.jpg
  • WheresMyALE
    pond_model_concepts_by_wheresmyale-d6heh2j.jpg

Because I don't have Zbrush at the moment, I was unable to continue my bust of Shelly. I have worked on a couple of other small projects, but none of them turned out very well. The 3D project I hope to finish soon is a little model of a pond.

The goal is to experiment is tileable textures, plant material, and a convincing water material in UDK. Will post progress soon.