Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Zombie survival fps set in a procedural open world needs a lot of art

Hello, My name is David Tse and I am creating a zombie survival fps that is set in a procedurally generated open world. I graduated from high school last year(may 2012) and made it a few months in college before I decided to drop out and create a new game company called Subsurface Games.

Survive is a true open world zombie survival first person shooter. The idea of the game is what would you do in the zombie apocalypse. You are put in a random house in a huge completely procedurally generated world. You have to explore the procedural world to find the food, water, and guns you will need to survive the zombie horde. You have only one objective; you must survive the apocalypse by any means necessary. You will also be able to enter every single building and house in the game so I will be needing a lot of props.

I am the only one at the company and I am developing a game engine completely from scratch for this project. It uses a deferred renderer and supports all of the standard maps for models: diffuse, normal, spec, gloss, glow, tint, ect.

Here is a video of the latest update to the game:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG3tEWLFsiY"]Survive - Speed Tree, Cascaded Shadow Maps, and Deffered Rendering - Subsurface Games - YouTube[/ame]

Here is a screenshot of an update I haven't had the chance to make the video for yet showing off new light shafts and zombie locomotion:

884570_516738625053349_972182873_o.jpg

I am a poor indie dev and I live with my parents, I have no money and I really want to create this game. I need your help to fill this engine and game I am creating with beautiful art. If you are interested in helping me create this game you can email me here: contact@subsurfacegames.com. This project is unpaid, but you will be put in the credits of the game.

One thing I should also note is that this game will be sold commercially, so any textures or any other resources you use need to be usable in commercial projects for free or be created by you. If you don't want to create anything new for this game, and you know of any free for commercial use models or textures that you could point me too or send me I would really appreciate it. Also if you have any models or textures that you previously created and don't mind me using in this project then please feel free to contact me.

Current Art and Animations Needed:

I really need a weapon animator to create the following animations on a set of rigged hands and an M4A1 that I already have from someone else.

- Shoot
- Reload
- Sprint
- Weapon pull-up
- Weapon put-down
- Melee

I also need a lot of various Trees and Grass models for the game. The engine is using speed tree, so if you have access to the speed tree modeler (comes with the free UDK) and your interested in helping create vegetation please contact me.

Since the game is procedurally generated it will need ALOT of world props. Here a rough initial list of some of the props I will need to feed to the generator to fill the world. I will also need a lot of variations for each of these. The smaller stuff should be a lower poly and lower quality, because there will be a lot of them.

-Telephone poles
-Highway street lights
-Couches
-Bathroom sinks
-Kitchen sinks
-Kitchen counters
-Kitchen cabinets
-House front doors
-House interior doors
-House windows
-Various foods(canned food, fruits, vegetables, bags of various food, ect.)
-Water bottles
-Fridges
-TV's flat-screens and older TV's
-Outside residential trashcans
-Outside residential recycle bins
-Industrial trash bins
-Industrial recycle bins
-Coffee tables
-End tables
-Book shelves
-Kitchen tables
-Kitchen chairs
-Computer chairs
-Computer desks
-Computer monitors
-Computers
-Picture frames

The engine will also need various textures for the generator to use on procedurally generated meshes

-House indoor wallpapers
-House outdoor siding
-House roof textures
-Various Terrain Textures(grass, dirt, rocks, sand)
-Road textures

Finally if someone is interesting in creating a player model for the game It would be great. I do have some disembodied arms that will work for the main game right now, but when i receive my oculus rift dev kit it will probably need to be replaced with a full body as the character model. because I think when the player looks down with the oculus it would be weird if there was no body more if they just looked down using the regular controls and view.

The zombie instancing system hasn't been implemented yet so I don't really know exactly what I need for the zombie model or its animations, but I will definitely be needing zombie models in the future.

Thank You for taking the time to read this post, and if you have any questions or want to help you can email me here:
contact@subsurfacegames.com. If you want to find out more about the game or follow its progress you can visit the dev blog here: http://www.subsurfacegames.com/. You can also like the Facebook page for more frequent updates here: https://www.facebook.com/Subsurfacegames

Replies