Home Technical Talk

Its no good captain, she wont flatten

Hey,

I have this lovely problem that my UVs will not flatten, or pack...

I have trolled through google to find the answers yet nothing has come up aside from one guy saying how it stopped working Maya and now he uses blender to do the unwrap and then re-import back into Maya.

I am currently working with 3DS Max (Design) 2013.

This problem is really annoying, its costing me a lot of time having to constantly rescale my UVs by a lot to get them into the right size. I have tried restarting and resetting Max but that hasn't helped. I have tried opening a brand new scene, making a cube and trying to unwrap it and still I can not flatten them or pack them.

Any ideas how to fix this or what I may have done?

Thank-you :)

Replies

• monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    What is happening? Are the buttons greyed out? You need to be in face sub object mode, and have the faces selected.

Or is something else happening?
  • l.croxton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No they are still there, you can click them etc but it just doesn't do anything. The relax for example still works, but by the same token, the flatten doesn't. It still allows me to click it etc.

I'll just go and check I am still in face sub object mode and reply back :)
  • l.croxton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, yeah its still not working. Everything is selectable etc, but yeah, click on the button and nothing happens. The strangest part is that its a problem that is throughout the whole of the program and not just one scene which makes me think its a setting I have accidently switched on. However I cant for the life of me think what it could be.
  • l.croxton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    An extra point I have just found out that I can not open any files into photoshop which makes me suspect that I have a problem with my PC which may be contributing to this problem. great.