Home Dota 2

Pudge Cosmetic Idea-Putre the Carrion Bird!

Pudge, the Butcher

In the Fields of Endless Carnage, far to the south of Quoidge, a corpulent figure works tirelessly through the night--dismembering, disemboweling, piling up the limbs and viscera of the fallen that the battlefield might be clear by dawn.In this cursed realm, nothing can decay or decompose; no corpse may ever return to the earth from which it sprang, no matter how deep you dig the grave. Flocked by carrion birds who need him to cut their meals into beak-sized chunks, Pudge the Butcher hones his skills with blades that grow sharper the longer he uses them. Swish, swish, thunk. Flesh falls from the bone; tendons and ligaments part like wet paper. And while he always had a taste for the butchery, over the ages, Pudge has developed a taste for its byproduct as well. Starting with a gobbet of muscle here, a sip of blood there...before long he was thrusting his jaws deep into the toughest of torsos, like a dog gnawing at rags. Even those who are beyond fearing the Reaper, fear the Butcher.

Hello everyone, I'd like to post the idea I have for a Pudge cosmetic that I've been thinking about for a while now. The main reason I'm posting this is because I'm not that great with 3d modelling programs. I hope it inspires someone to make it because I'd like to see it in game.

To get started here is the text I am basing it on from Pudge's Lore:

In this cursed realm, nothing can decay or decompose; no corpse may ever return to the earth from which it sprang, no matter how deep you dig the grave. Flocked by carrion birds who need him to cut their meals into beak-sized chunks, Pudge the Butcher hones his skills with blades that grow sharper the longer he uses them.

In my opinion the Fields of Endless Carnage seems like a lonely place,and it is only logical to assume that Pudge developed a mutual friendship with the carrion birds of the land. They find him freshly slain bodies,and he dismembers the remains for them to eat..a mutually beneficial relationship. Overtime Pudge became attached to one specific carrion bird that followed him everywhere he went and so Pudge named him Putre.

untitled.jpg

I was thinking of this cosmetic being a legendary or mythical level item for Pudge mainly because of the various animations that could go along with it .Putre could either be perched on Pudge's left shoulder or along the middle of his neck/back area:

1058vb4.jpg

(To clarify all these animations are just ideas I was thinking of it is up to the creator of the cosmetic to decide what is best/manageable to achieve)

During Putre's idle animations(while Pudge is just walking around or auto attacking enemies) he could look around left and right, flap his wings, or peck at some of Pudge's decaying flesh. I was also thinking of various animations that could be utilized while Pudge's performs specific abilities( when Pudge uses rot Putre takes to the air and encircles Pudge's rot radius because he can smell when a fresh meal is nearby). In addition when Pudge uses Dismember, Putre will lunge at the the dismembered target pecking and ripping his talons into it for the duration. Upon a successful hook of a enemy hero, Putre could make loud carrion bird noises as the target is pulled toward Pudge:

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/T...Vulture/sounds

I hope someone will find it interesting enough to pursue as a full Pudge cosmetic item. Also I can try to help out in anyway possible for whoever wants to take up the project thanks for your time.

Replies

• Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    Sounds like you'd really like someone to pick this up but its not gonna work. You could make a static bird attached to his shoulder but it can't have its own animations. Workshop items don't have their own animations they are just bound to existing skeleton joints.

This idea could be adapted for a courier however.
  • Alghazanth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto wrote: »
    Sounds like you'd really like someone to pick this up but its not gonna work. You could make a static bird attached to his shoulder but it can't have its own animations. Workshop items don't have their own animations they are just bound to existing skeleton joints.

That is perfectly fine even if it was just attached with a simple idling animation or none it would be ok. Like I stated most of the animation ideas were just thought up,but if Valve has limitations on the animations of cosmetics then it won't have any.( I just didn't know their were any my bad)
  • Alghazanth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Since everyone stating it would be easier as a courier maybe this would work. I notice this is already in the game files:

Mini_Pudge_Courier.jpg

From what I can see it doesn't have a flying form yet so maybe for flying courier upgrade a vulture/carrion bird is what flys the mini-pudge around on the map.Just a idea to put out there.
  • BrontoThunder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BrontoThunder polycounter lvl 13
    Haha, if it's in the files there's nothing any of us can do with it.