Home Unreal Engine

Lightmap bake creates seams..

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Dinky polycounter lvl 17
I've been trying to solve this issue since last night and I can't seem to find a working solution. You can see from the screenshots I'm trying some different lighting solutions.

I don't have mirrored normal maps, my UV shells are padded properly, I tried changing the indirect normal world property to 0 and that seemed to have no affect. I am considering using real-time lights only, but I would still like a bounced light lightmap and I'm unsure if that will have seam problems.

Does anyone have any insight on how to solve lightmap seam issues like this?

Thanks for your time!

lightmapseams.jpg

lightmapseams2.jpg

Replies

• Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    Is a static mesh really needed ? For you character, using a mover (right clikc > convert to mover) should be much more interesting. The lighting will be dynamic but you will benefit of the GI precomputed because a mover use a light environment.
  • Dinky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dinky polycounter lvl 17
    That worked! And it was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Froyok!!

One thing I had to change right away was the Environment Intensity setting in the World Properties. When I changed my objects to movers, it seemed like the bounced like was too strong and I wasn't getting any kind of shadows. But once I changed this setting, things are starting to look just as I expected them to at this point.

seamsbegone.jpg