Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

BlazBlue OC sprite animations

Ok, so this might be a bit different as I'm not sure how many 2D animation threads are here on Polycount xD BUT, maybe someone will be interested and can give me some feedback :D

So, my project is to design a character to fit BlazBlue universe and create few basic animations, sprite animations to work in Game Maker.

The number of frames per animation is based on how many frames BlazBlue used for similar moves.

walk backward:
bnziRfV.gif

walk forward:
gV9bI5Q.gif

Idle:
gYVMARj.gif

crouch:
VYLRTOx.gif

attack:
8hqHums.gif

I would really apreciate any feedback on those if you guys have a minute :D
thanks!!

Replies

• Plyomet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, I like most of it, but the walk forward animation looks a bit odd. If that's how he walks, then fair enough, but it almost looks like he's walking backwards. I think the hips are tilted the wrong way to give this impression.
  • Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
    Great work man, really liking where you are going with these.

I feel though that you are cleaning up way too early before you get the motion as nice as it could be, and a ton of the animation looks like it has just been copy and pasted and moved instead of redrawing everything. I highly recommend drawing it over again when it is this high resolution. This is especially evident on the coat.

A tip that helps me a ton with cloth and hair is that cloth and hair is always trying to stay at the same spot in space, unless gravity is causing it to fall or it is absolutely forced to move. So say the head moves down, then the hair will try and remain in the same spot catching up when it is forced to. does that make sense?

But great work. And awesome to see more 2d animators!
  • bigboxx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nice work.....Creative..