Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Looking for a 3D artist to complete a SHMUP game

gru
gru
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
gru polycounter lvl 4
Hello artists,

a few months ago I started creating a game in Unity engine, a vertical scrolling shoot-em-up (aka shmup) of euro style that we rarely see these days. Being a lone developer, I started a relatively small project that would be fun, manageable and completable. Some of the influences are: Aero Fighters, Giga Wing, Espgaluda, R-Type Delta, Raiden, more recent Jamestown and mostly DoDonPachi and Ikaruga. Target platforms would be Windows, Mac & Linux.

www.ennoble-studios.com

Here is how the game looks so far:
EnnobleStudios - YouTube
Psichodelya Windows, Mac, Linux game - Indie DB

What I'm looking for:
• 3D artist for a few enemy ship models - described below.

Update:
• I have found one artist person. To speed up development time, I'd like to find another person that will create and texture 3D models by existing concept art.

The base coding is mostly done. That means:
• Game mechanics for 1 or 2 players
• Controls for two independent players on KB or Gamepad.
• Main menu functions. Options screen, ship choosing, scoreboard etc.
• HUD design and logic.
• Player and enemy states and logic.
• Saving data to disk and of options.
• Also the site is completed, designed and coded 100% by me
• 7 levels are designed, and all that remains is a bit of balancing / polishing of the design.
Etc.

What remains:
• I have created a couple of models myself, and I feel they aren't too bad. However, I would need help with creating more models, texturing existing ones and adding poly / reworking them if possible. The models are extremely simple, as you can see in the videos the perspective does not require very detailed models. To be exact, I'd need at very least 5 more small ship textured models and 7 bigger models that would be used for unique bosses.
• Create backgrounds. The game is made so far not to require any special interaction of player with the background, so a simple long 2D texture will do; however, if you're better at 3D and have a lot of time that would work too. I have 7 levels, each ~5 mins long, and I was hoping not to have to resort to one simple repeatable texture (of course, some parts will be repeatable).

The above is what I need help with. If there is any doubt about the style, storyline or similar take a look at these two games:
Ikaruga - this is what I'd like to have:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNwtASlIiCg]Ikaruga - No Continues - Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]
DoDonpachi for a more "military" style, watch the bosses:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9k67TrRQrY]Dodonpachi Playthrough - YouTube[/ame]

If you're interested how it plays, I can send you a playable demo level.

Expecting your PMs.

Best regards,
Gru

Replies