Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Mason Wallace

Hello, I just joined the forum for a bit of guidance in level design.

I wish to create a map for Counter-Strike : Global Offensive, hostage mode.

I would rather be an environmental artist, but I want people to actually play the map, and if the game-play is terrible, it won't be successful.

Guess I'll need to list some objects, goals, ideas.

-Create a modern art museum in a European city (Berlin)
-Figure out how to import Maya items into Source (attempted... failed)
-Create a map that offers game play for sniper rifles, SMG's, and pistols.
-Attempt to not create too many camping spots.
-Balanced game play for CT - T's

map_design_1_by_mazman34340-d61i7un.png

Replies

• Black_Stormy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Black_Stormy polycounter lvl 8
    Interlopers is a good place to talk about level design, especially source engine. I'm no mapper myself but I have modelled for source for years now. Feel free to add me on steam if you have any questions, though I use Blender I can help you with basic workflow and compiling etc. www.steamcommunity.com/id/brookesy
  • mazman34340
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    apartment_1_by_mazman34340-d6f3von.jpg
    I got tired of Hammer Editor when it kept crashing when it was creating the nav_mesh, plus I couldn't import Maya models into the game. So, I went to UDK. I just started messing with it, and I created a basic apartment. Not sure if I want to make a level or just a pretty landscape.
  • mazman34340
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello, I would like some feedback on my work so far. After taking a bit of break, and now that school starts in about three weeks, Ive been gearing up for Junior year at SCAD. Ive been creating the models in Maya and importing them to UDK. Finally, Ive been taking a few photography classes and creating a small private photo library for textures (no more CG textures!).

One of my more promising creations is this 30 story high-rise apartment that I found in the Tokyo Tower Panorama.

What do you guys think. Any feedback would be appreciated.

high_rise_alpha_image_by_mazman34340-d6jft91.jpg