Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[CE3] Sci-Fi Water Plant

Replies

• leleuxart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leleuxart polycounter lvl 10
    I think that the floor along the right side should probably be completely reconsidered. What purpose do those holes serve? They seem completely impractical for any purpose. They're too big for traction, in fact they're probably so large that your foot would get caught as you walk along and trip you up. I think if you made a more smooth, cleaner floor it would improve the piece a lot.

Yeah, I agree. I think now it's a decision of being practical or the impractical sci-fi. I'm happy with how the panels came out themselves, and I'd rather not replace them. I may just stick with the original concept, like I had before, and move on. I've been working on this since April. I appreciate the feedback though
  • leleuxart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leleuxart polycounter lvl 10
    Thanks a lot to everyone that's given me feedback. This is my first Polycount thread that's seen completion. :poly121: I'm calling this done now. I'm ready to move on to my next CryEngine project. This has been a great learning experience and an awesome opportunity to finally teach myself the engine. I really enjoyed just trying out things and doing things that aren't necessarily expected for portfolio pieces(LODs, collision, flowgraph/triggers, etc). Here are some images I'll be uploading to my website soon.

sU4qyer.jpg
    VGmpzef.jpg
    vb09UTX.jpg
    YAgUv9j.jpg
    ee8cWPs.jpg

fjKDxUs.jpg
    z94uobU.jpg
    WCcBVI7.jpg
    V2a8bRr.jpg
  • Rhoutermans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhoutermans polycounter lvl 12
    very nice scene, the walls look great :) Waiting for the new stuff ;)
  • Mr Significant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mr Significant polycounter lvl 11
    Yeah looks great! I like the last panel ;D