Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Tower Defence Buildings prototype(Power of instancing)

Hi

i wanna share my workflow in a tower defense game and these prototypes which you see below are for city level with isometric camera.

the most important thing that you should consider in this type of game is Instancing .
your prototypes should be modular and low , but they should be considered which they are supposed to build an entire city , so with the power of instancing and modularity , i could create 4 different types of building with less amount of assets which i can use them for the rest of the city.

Note 1 : your prototypes should not be very small, it means instead of copy just one window all around the city , you should have some set of windows . it is useful for performance and level design as well

Note 2 : because camera is isometric , you just see the city from 45 degree and above , so i detailed top of the buildings and front as well .
For example in one building i detailed 2 faces with one texture and a set of doors and windows and for 2 other faces have different textures as well as different sets of assets . their roof are different as well .

Here are some building prototypes :

Building01_01_zps828fd83a.jpg

Building01_02_zps0909fdc3.jpg

Building02_03_zps2493ebd9.jpg

Building03_04_zps2e3c1ef8.jpg

Building03_05_zps2a4213ec.jpg

Building04_06_zpsef966b49.jpg

Building04_07_zps75e696a8.jpg
Hope you like it

please visit my making of "Town square" map in UDK , it has some useful experiences
Its link is in my signature

thank you all