Home Royalties or Post-Launch Compensation Work

Blind - Looking for a Texture Artist for an Adventure Stealth Game

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Chris Bruin polycounter lvl 10
We are still looking for another artist to join our team!

Try out a demo build of the game on our website! Digital Rain Games

I am seeking an artist (possibly two) to join a team currently consisting of 5, for an Adventure Stealth game. We are primarily looking for texture artists that have experience doing stylized, cartoonish textures.

So, lets get right to it, what is the game about? Well, it's a mix of Metal Gear Solid and The Legend of Zelda, where the player must navigate through an environment to reach the end goal, while avoiding guards, and using the environment to their advantage to navigate through the world. One catch however, is that the character is blind! In a twist of fate, the character is blinded by magic, but the same magic has given them an extra ability, the ability to see where sound touches. They player is able to navigate the world by listening to sound sources bouncing off of surfaces, giving them a unique ability when looting the world and avoiding danger on their adventure.

Our target platform is PC, with the possibility of expanding to consoles at a later date.

Skills we are looking for, listed in priority:
Texturing
UV and Unwrapping
Baking
Retopology

Software Knowledge:
Photoshop
Maya / Max / XSI
Unity
Zbrush / Mudbox

Bonus Points:
Diversified portfolio, character/environment/props
Animation
Rigging / Weighting
Previous engine experience, such as UDK or Cryengine.

If you do not know Unity, you will have the opportunity to learn the pipeline provided you show a drive to learn.

Requirements on the team:
If you join us, be prepared to work hard, and have fun! All of us currently work full time in game studios, and then come home and work until we go to bed. The team is dedicated to seeing this project develop, and we expect the same in return from you. We are aiming to have the game in a fully playable state, with all of the game mechanics implemented, in 4 more months, which will require a substantial amount of art and texturing to reach a level of quality that we are happy with. We have gotten to where we are today in only 2 short months, we work fast and we work hard, so be prepared to put in some serious hours.

What we offer:
We are offering a chance to be part of an awesome development team, with a very high potential of continual work on our own, independent projects in the future, which is part of our goals. We are offering a completed game provided you stick with us, as we will see this game through to completion. We work on this every night, we are dedicated and we promise to deliver a finished, quality product.

About the current team:
Myself, currently doing all of the art/level design, and directing the project
2 lead programmers
1 animator
1 composer/sound artist
Our team is composed of highly skilled talent, based in Canada and the US.

Please PM me through these forums, or add me directly on Skype, my username is: christopherbruin
Please send me a demo reel or something demonstrating your skills. If the team likes what we see, we will discuss the game further with you.

Thank you for reading.

Replies