Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Moroccan Tea Cafe

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
lishaleston polycounter lvl 8
Heya! For my latest project I wanted to do a sort of Moroccan style cozy outdoor cafe. Been thumbnailing and found a few compositions that I like (no. 3 is the best I think right now). I'll come back to it tomorrow and do some more from that one (or any others you feel have some merit)

iqwBblh.jpg

Some references on the sort of style and objects I'm going for:

EJm70KY.jpg

I really love the lighting and feel Uncharted 3 got - I think I'm going for that lighting and color palette.

Let me know what you think!

Replies

• DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Are you trying for a specific time period? (e.g. modern, WWII (Casablanca/Operation Torch), Barbary Pirates...) Or generic?

Picking a specific time could ultimately let you personalize it with subtle details to help tell a story, rather than just presenting a set-piece.
  • lishaleston
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the reply! I was going for a modern period (old cracked stucco, faded tiles, slightly rusty bars - the buildings are weathered but still functional). You've given me some ideas to add modern touches, though, to cement it in the time period. I'm trying to portray like a hidden gem, a cozy little place you happen upon by accident or you know about it if you live close by.

I'll do up some more thumbnails today!
  • lishaleston
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yo guys!! I finally settled on a composition that I liked. Onward!

w3TSnR3.jpg