Home Dota 2

Technical: Using the Dota2 Hero Shader?

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
HatPoweredSpyCrab polycounter lvl 10
Hi guys I am starting with this of Making Items for Dota2, I love the game and that combined with my passion for 3DArt is what got me here :D.

I was wondering how many of you use the Ace-Angel Dota2 Hero shader http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110022. For what I can see, at a first glance, it would be very useful to preview our items directly in the Viewport, Optimizing our Interoperability with lets say Maya(Replacing Dota2 Graphic Engine)- Mudbox. I was thinking in using it to minimize or to completely avoid having to go back and forth Maya - Dota2 whenever I make a change, and just going to Dota2 Test when the item is in the in game test stage. All the shader Features tell me that I can do what I previously said but IDK. What I am primarily concerned about is the texture discrepancy this way of working would have. So here I ask does anyone have tried this before? Is what I am saying an Utopy?
EDIT: Since it is a Hero Shader, May I be able to use it for items? Just wondering this in the last few minutes, maybe I made a silly and ridicoulous post after all D:
Thanks In advance.
Sorry for my bad English
Cheers :D

Replies