Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Goblin Rider

magmabolt
polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
magmabolt polycounter lvl 13
So I'm gonna stop creeping around the forums and actually get my art destroyed. I wanted to create a fantasy character and decided to make a goblin warg rider. I wanted to go with something a little bit more lord of the rings apposed to the WoW styled goblins and this is my block in so far.

goblinsculpt_progress_by_magmabolt-d606vnu.jpg

goblin_head_progress_by_magmabolt-d606vsk.jpg

Replies

• Selaznog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Selaznog polycounter lvl 8
    Sweet design! Armour seems too thick, but I suppose if you're going for a more stylized design then it works. I think it would look cool if you added some cloth hanging from the armour...maybe a hood, coming from the back plate? I dunno though...might look silly...He just needs more straps and stuff :P

Oh also poke out the lower lip more, or have it more droopy (the teeth would be pushing it out)
  • stanley82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stanley82 polycounter lvl 7
    hi, as Selaznog said, something what keep the armor together and on place and for my teeths doesnt fit as they are for me. Im looking forward for more :)
  • magmabolt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    magmabolt polycounter lvl 13
    @selaznog: thanks man ^^, I totally didn't notice the thickness of the armor, you're totally right. Thanks for the crit :D

@stanley82: thanks man :D. Ya I'll pull the lips out more right now, thanks ^^
  • pixelpatron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelpatron polycounter
    I know this is your own design, but the ear and the nose seem too big and cartoony at the moment. The tube shape on the bottom of the ear stands out.

I was referencing this for comparison: (I also preferred their mouth treatment, but you can do your thing.)

goblins2.jpg

Like the armor shape a lot.