Home Contests & Challenges Archives

ESCAPE - Soul Escape - AnthonySaxon

Noxas
null
Offline / Send Message
Noxas null
Hey polycount community, I'm new to 3D rendering and modeling but I want to take this chance to learn as much as possible.

I am thinking about depicting a soul escaping the body using a very dark gothic style simular to the opening sequence in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. My characters soul is tired of being confined within its current body. I want to show the body being weighted down by black liquid and chains and depict various scars on my characters body that represent ideals, social conditioning, guilt and confusion. I see the character on his knees screaming as the soul fights its way from the body. The character will be grabing his soul with one hand while the other is weighted down with chains and liquid unable to move. I'm also thinking about having shadowy figures around the character with computers attempting to reprogram him and aid in his fight to force the soul trying to gain freedom back into his body.

Here is my reference art that kind of capture the feel I am going for.
FQtcTqU.png

Replies

• Noxas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noxas null
    So here is my blocked out level with my character in front. Still haven't figured out how I'm going to do a soul coming from his body but i'm working on it. All critiques, criticism and advice are welcome. I don't know if i'll still have the other characters surrounded the main character trying to reprogram him. We shall see how tough it is to do one high poly character model.

Original Concept Art
    zxiRHR2.jpg

GiYEqND.jpg

Blocked Out Level
    UqbWDqu.png

5K6wqxj.png

OwCXBLw.png

ntCL8YK.png
  • DiHydro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DiHydro polycounter lvl 6
    Very cool idea, I loved the intro on that movie. Good luck.
  • Noxas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noxas null
    Here is my base mesh character. I'm going to add finer details to him in mudbox. So far so good I think. Let me know what y'all think.

Base Mesh
    1VoM5eu.png

7WNyiqb.png

TNX7BCm.png
  • Noxas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noxas null
    Here is a look at the high poly model of my main character (used Doctore from spartacus as a guide)

Let me know what y'all think

Front
    WYts2aO.png

Side1
    NrUCDL9.png

Side2
    UlMFrGn.png

Back
    yyOiMOV.png
  • Noxas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noxas null
    So here is my final submission. Unfortunately I did not come very close to my original concept but I was able to adapt and create a new piece that still holds some of my original concepts main ideas. I learned a lot about scooping during this journey. I used Unity3D for my beauty shots

Beauty Shot 1
    mA09MDR.png

Beauty Shot 2
    Jx2rina.png

Wire Frame Character rig
    oWOs0rA.png

Base Chains
    QP2gVPa.png

Lighting Setup
    swxJVXh.png

The Void
    d7nxbwO.png