Home Dota 2

DarkArtsofNeko Workshop

I'm fairly new to submitting Dota 2 items, so any critiques, comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Particularly during the concept stage! I'm finding it quite hard to actually come up with ideas, I really want to work on sets but it's a bit overwhelming.

Submitted Items:
Enchantress - Lily Monarch Set
Enchantress - Jade Spear
Crystal Maiden - Maiden Sweep Hairstyle
Crystal Maiden - Arctic Fox Set (Remade)

Replies

• darkartsofneko
    Currently working on a Lina set, have no idea what to call it.

ConceptSheet2_zpse7e55cb5.png
  • darkartsofneko
    Some weapon concepts for Enchantress.

Winter Spear: I wanted to do something with winter for her, even though it's completely opposite of what she is. The tip of the spear is made of icicle, it has holly berries at the top with a few leaves and then more holly leaves at the bottom.

Deadly Nightshade: I liked the idea better than the execution.. not quite sure what I was thinking with this.

Lily Monarch: I really like this design and definitely want to make it, and possibly an entire set of items to go with it.

Twisted Staff: I like the base design for this, but I wasn't sure what to do with the top. Originally I wanted it to be a bulb, but then I was like, this is a weapon and that won't do any damage! So I changed it to a crystal, but I wasn't sure what color to make it. I like the cyan crystal the best, but I'm really not sure what to use for the final design.

Thoughts, suggestions, comments, criticisms, pretty much anything is welcome :)
    Weapon_Concept3_zps849d5c50.png
  • darkartsofneko
    MonarchLily_Concept_zps9e50950d.png
    6_zps04974497.png

I built a concept off the Monarch Lily staff and have begun working on it in ZBrush. I'm not super familiar with ZBrush so the whole thing is a learning experience. I'm working on the high poly models and will import them to max for finalization. I'm mostly done, just a few more pieces to work on.
    I'm not sure if I want to keep the wing pieces on the belt, and if I do put them on I don't want to place them the same way I did in my original concept. I thought about draping them over her back, like a cloth, but I'm not sure how I feel about that.
    I may also redo the vine bracelets on her wrists, because I'm not 100% satisfied with the way I did them.
  • darkartsofneko
    Finished my Enchantress set.
    Lily Monarch
    BigPreview_zpsda1483ca.png