Home General Discussion

Delayed art test.

Heya , just wat to rant a bit.

So around a month ago i was promised an art test from somehow big game studio. But due to me being on oversea, they say im not gonna make it to when the test are going to be held, so its better for me to attend the next test on their schedule ( which i dont know when )

Oh, i mean its not an inhouse art test, so they inviting me to their place.

2 weeks later, i start to wonder where the hell is my promised invitation lol, so i sent them email like : hey have you already decide on what date the next test are going to be held etc etc.

Till now i havent got i single reply :poly142:

Which kinda a let down, since for them to add me to their short list, i thought i somehow pre-qualified.It's different when it's just i haven't got reply for company that promised me nothing.

Oh, well, at least i still got some of the freelance stuff to pay my bills.

Anyway , if i'm asking an advice from you guys i knoww the answer will be, keep sending them email while still building at your porto and applying to another place etc.

So what i want to know is, are something like this ever happened to you guys? share you experience :)

Replies

• Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    most studios suck when it comes to communication, even if they show some interest in you. I had studios just disappear on me even after I started to have friendly email exchanges with their HR. So there was interest on their studio. Not sure what they're thinking - "we pretend to be interested, but not. Let him figure it out...". Other studios take forever with response - like months! If you get any at all.

I would shoot them a few more emails, but by then I usually knew I didn't want to work for them. If you cannot even maintain contact to one person via e-mail, how can you operate as a business?!
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Fire them an email and ask them to get back to you ASAP and let you know EITHER WAY if this is happening or not.

Although even then, you might need to raise the font of the latter words, just so they understand that you need them to get back to you with an answer.
  • Blaisoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaisoid polycounter lvl 7
    yeah, HR people are capable of forgetting about you at pretty much any point of hiring process, even after (supposedly) successful art test...
    Having a phone number helps clarifying things.
  • binopittan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For HR forgetting their task is not making any sense.. my best logical explanation on this kind of case is somehow i got kicked on their short list, maybe because of better applicant and various ather things. And decide there is no need to inform people that are not qualified. Which also means , keep shooting them emails won't do any good.
    Thats my initial thought.

Last time i send them email is minutes before i start this thread, lets where is this going. I'll be keep send them email for sure.
  • Saman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saman polycounter lvl 13
    binopittan wrote: »
    my best logical explanation on this kind of case is somehow i got kicked on their short list, maybe because of better applicant and various ather things. And decide there is no need to inform people that are not qualified. Which also means , keep shooting them emails won't do any good.
    Thats my initial thought.

Yeah, that's what I think too. You say you're from overseas(or are you just there temporarily?) so they've probably found someone more fitting who is close by. Keep in mind that visa issues can be a hassle no matter what country it is and studios usually just want to keep it simple.
    It's hard to say no to people, especially if they've promised you an art test so that might explain why you aren't getting any replies from them. I'd move on if I were you and focus on getting other jobs.
    My two cents.
  • binopittan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thx for your concern.

I might wait for another 2-3 days before sent them my next email. if still no response, well i guess thats it.