Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character Study

Replies

• Aneroit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aneroit polycounter lvl 9
    Thank You for feedback! As for You, I think, the legs looks just a litle bit to fat in relation to the hands and abdomen... I hope You know what I menan, cause my english is bad! Head is nice! ;)
  • Tairow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tairow polycounter lvl 11
    You're right, try to make some more adjustments to her.
  • Aneroit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aneroit polycounter lvl 9
    Some progress!

Posing suck's but folds are not that bad:

image.jpg
    how to print screen on pc
  • karytsukino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karytsukino greentooth
    Hi Guys,

It's been a while since my last post here. I've been busy with others projects but I'm still working on my personal projects. I stop the Qunari fannart for a while. I'm working on a character that I star to a contest here on polycount forum. It's my adventure character. She is a pilot I like the idea so I decide to finish this project.

Here is a pic of my progress ...

5VbzV.jpg

I'm working on her texture right now... I belive that I I'll have something to show you soon. :)
  • AA3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AA3D polycounter lvl 3
    ( takes a deep breath )
    well to be honest my computer was fixed about a week after my last post :D
    but i got busy catching up with stuff ... and then i got super busy with uni final exams :/ and i just finished exams yesterday and started working on this model again :)
    ( outtta breath ) :D

thx a bunch jinn15 for the crits
    i hope i managed to fix those issues
    result_4.png

i did some research on arm anatomy and tried refining those muscles
    so .. here is a close up to the arm
    result_4_hand_detail.png[/url]

and hey karytsukino looks like we all participated in the mixamo contest :D
    tho i didnt manage to finish in time
    and then i was faced with texture and hair problems and stopped working on it
    here is where i left it at
    should prolly revisit it some time latter
    e53d33297441434.gif
  • ShockInfinite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I love the work here!

May I join and partake in these studies?
  • Mossbros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mossbros polycounter lvl 9
    Hi Guys,

It's been a while since my last post here. I've been busy with others projects but I'm still working on my personal projects. I stop the Qunari fannart for a while. I'm working on a character that I star to a contest here on polycount forum. It's my adventure character. She is a pilot I like the idea so I decide to finish this project.

Here is a pic of my progress ...

I'm working on her texture right now... I belive that I I'll have something to show you soon. :)

That low-poly doesn't look very "Low-Poly" unless you are planning on using the decimated mesh to create the maps a mesh that ignores little details like screws and such would be better both when it comes to UV'ing and normal generation.
  • Tairow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very cool karytsukino! Your High poly and low poly its almost the same. Thats good! XD

AA3D Your model its getting better and better, your mixamo model its pretty interesting! If you finish it later, show me!

ShockInfinite join us. Post your work!

I'm right now creating the armor of the Witchblade, its harder than I had anticipated...

My first try.
    630DA.jpg
    Didn't liked it at all... So I began again...

Right now I'm at this point
    6310T.jpg

First I did a paint over on the actual model to get the overall idea of what I want, then I'm trying to create the armor now with a sequence of layers, the first layer I'm basing on the something like of the actual anatomy of the character the red area, should be the scale-like section of the Witchblade armor, then over it the more organic thing... And probably over it I'll try to put some more layers to help her silhouette. It will take some time, and when I'm happy I'll retopo and rework to give a more finished look. But I'm more confident now...

Just to remind, I'll probably make a stop in 1/1 to work on the comicon challenge and return to this character after it.
  • AA3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AA3D polycounter lvl 3
    looking pretty neat man
    look what i found
    629a23241061a0769483204dc59ce905.jpg
    http://ketka.deviantart.com/art/quot-Witchblade-quot-95777241

i think u should add some lose parts of the armor like in her left arm and leg
    i know it kinda makes the model not efficient in terms of actual use in animation
    but i think its pretty good for showcasing . also it makes the silhouette more interesting
  • karytsukino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karytsukino greentooth
    Hi Guys!

hey! Happy New Year to everybody!!! Lets start a new year with some work xD Here is a wip of my character I'm working in the texture,. I think I'll give a break in this project to enter in the comicon challenge. But heres a bit of my progress...

667WA.jpg
  • Tairow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the tips and the ref AA3D, I had seen this one, but remind me of the asymmetric characteristics of her bio armor, I'll create a symmetric base for the armor and create the variations and asymmetry later on.

Its getty very good Kary!, a good work on your specular maps for her leathers and should really push her up!! Have any idea for her pose?

As for me this is where I'm now, still creating the base for the armor, slowly but progressing... Hard to imagine, its soo... organic and free... each concept have its own way to portrait her armor, so I'm try to create in a concise way that I could later on apply all the maps and effects I want.

67DDL.jpg